developed in Austria
developed in Austria
What is the width of my face
Discover unbreakable polarized sunglasses online
What are polarized sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses are equipped with special lenses that reduce horizontal glare and reflections. These glasses use a special film or coating that transmits only light of certain wavelengths, blocking annoying reflections.
Discover the world in new clarity with polarized sports glasses from gloryfy unbreakable!
Thanks to polarized lenses, you experience the world in a completely new clarity. They reduce disturbing and reflecting light from highly reflective surfaces (e.g. water, snow, wet asphalt) and thus reduce unpleasant reflections and glare. Ideal for water sports, fishing or road traffic.
Advantages of polarized sunglasses
- Reduced Glare: Polarized lenses minimize glare from reflective surfaces such as water, snow or wet roads.
- Improved vision: By reducing glare, polarized lenses increase contrast and sharpness of vision.
- Eye Comfort: Polarized sunglasses reduce eye fatigue and allow for more relaxed vision, especially during outdoor activities.
Mirrored or polarized: Which is better?
Mirrored lenses reduce light transmission and offer improved UV protection, while polarized lenses minimize glare and reflections. Polarized lenses are particularly beneficial for water sports enthusiasts or skiers, while mirrored lenses are suitable for sun-intensive activities such as beach vacations or hiking.
Are polarizing lenses darker?
Polarized lenses are not necessarily darker than other eyeglass lenses. They can be available in different tint levels, similar to conventional sunglass lenses. However, polarization works independently of tint and reduces glare without significantly darkening the view.
Tint levels of sunglass lenses
Sunglass lens tint levels are divided into five categories based on light absorption and the associated protection from sunlight. Here is an overview of the different tint levels:
- Category 1 (20-57% light absorption): Lightly tinted lenses that provide some protection from the sun. They are suitable for days with low sunlight or as a fashion accessory.
- Category 2 (57-82% light absorption): These lenses have a medium tint and provide adequate protection from the sun at normal brightness levels. They are suitable for everyday use and are a good choice for most outdoor activities.
- Category 3 (82-92% light absorption): Darker tinted lenses that provide strong protection from the sun. They are ideal for sun-intensive activities such as beach vacations, water sports or mountain sports.
- Category 4 (92-97% light absorption): These lenses provide maximum protection from the sun and are suitable for extremely bright conditions such as high mountain touring or glacier hiking. Note, however, that they are not approved for driving as they darken too much.
When choosing the right tint level, it is important to consider the intended use of the sunglasses as well as the prevailing light conditions. For most outdoor activities, category 2 and 3 are sufficient.
Polarized sunglasses with prescription
For people with low vision, polarized sunglasses are also available with customized prescription. These glasses offer the same benefits as standard polarized glasses while allowing optimal visual performance for the wearer.